ConviFlex™ RT-Taq Mix
- Decontamination Reagents for PCR Labs (3)
- Water Contaminations Testing (6)
- PCR Reagents & Enzymes (13)
- Cell Culture Contamination Control (14)
- Food Authenticity & Contamination Testing (7)
- Viral RNA Detection (4)
ConviFlex™ RT-Taq Mix is a lyophilized, one-step RT-PCR master mix, consisting of all core components required for reverse transcription and PCR amplification: a MuLV (murine leukemia virus) reverse transcriptase, a hot-start Taq polymerase, and dNTPs, pre-mixed and lyophilized.
- Fast and Easy One-Step Setup In contrast with traditional RT-PCR, reverse transcription of purified RNA and PCR amplification of cDNA are performed in one tube/step with ConviFlex™ RT-Taq Mix. Therefore, this requires only few pipetting steps and minimal hands-on time and decreases the margin of error.
- For Specific PCR & Convenient Setup The Taq polymerase included in ConviFlex™ RT-Taq Mix has an antibody-based hot start functionality: anti-Taq polymerase antibodies block its activity at < 70 °C. This suppresses the formation of nonspecific PCR products and primer-dimers, resulting in higher specificity, increased sensitivity, and greater yields. This feature also allows the preparation of the reaction mix at room temperature.
- Excellent One-Step Performance Once resuspended in the supplied Rehydration Buffer, the master mix contains optimal concentrations of Mg2+, deoxyribonucleotide triphosphates, and stabilizers for excellent RT-qPCR performance.
- Flexible ConviFlex™ RT-Taq Mix is a universal master mix, which can easily be used in most RT-PCR or RT-qPCR protocols, with most programs and cycler types. Suitable RNA templates may be extracts from diverse starting materials using a commercially-available kit (see ExtractNow™ Virus RNA Swab Cat. No. 611-2250) or a well-established extraction method.
- Minimal Contamination Risk The reduced number of pipetting steps reduces the risk of cross-contaminations. Only user-based RNA templates, primers, and probes (for RT-qPCR) are required to carry-out a complete RT-qPCR-based analysis, in one step.
Intended for research use only. Not recommended for clinical diagnostics. The optimal volumes, concentrations, temperatures, and incubation times can vary greatly for your specific application and should be adapted to the requirements of your specific assay.
ConviFlex™ RT-Taq Mix containing MuLV reverse transcriptase, hot-start Taq polymerase and dNTPs (25 reactions / vial); Rehydration Buffer;
- Cat. No. 192-0025 25 reactions
- Cat. No. 192-0100 100 reactions
- Cat. No. 192-0250 250 reactions
Microcentrifuge vials (1.5 ml), filter tips, PCR reaction tubes, user-specific primers, probes (for qPCR), and samples
Required Lab Devices
Microcentrifuge, Pipettes, PCR thermocycler
Shelf Life and Storage
Lyophilized ConviFlex™ RT-Taq Mix and Rehydration Buffer should be stored at +2 – +8 °C. After rehydration, ConviFlex™ RT-Taq Mix should be stored at ≤ -18 °C.