- Online only
- Decontamination Reagents for PCR Labs (3)
- Water Contaminations Testing (5)
- PCR Reagents & Enzymes (13)
- DNA/RNA Extraction (15)
- Cell Culture Contamination Control (14)
- Food Authenticity & Contamination Testing (6)
- Viral RNA Detection (3)
Venor®GeM qOneStep is a kit based on a real-time PCR (qPCR) assay for rapid, robust and sensitive detection of mycoplasma contaminations. This detection system targets specifically all Mollicutes species currently described as known contaminants of cell cultures and media components.
The protocol provided is recommended for the fast and reliable screening of cell culture supernatants. The detection procedure can be performed within 3 hours. Primers, nucleotides, probes, polymerase and an internal amplification control are provided as a ready-to-use, lyophilized reaction mix. Rehydration buffer and lyophilized Positive Control DNA are also included.
The assay can be performed with any type of real-time PCR cycler able to detect the fluorescence dyes FAM™ and HEX™. The mycoplasma-specific amplification is detected at 520 nm (FAM™ channel). False-negative results caused by PCR inhibition and/or DNA extraction issues can be reliably identified by means of the Internal Control DNA, already included in the qOneStep Mix. The amplification of the internal amplification control is detected at 560 nm (HEX™ channel).
Type of PCR
TaqMan® based qPCR Assay with FAM™ and HEX™ labeled probes
Applicable in research and industry for direct testing of cell cultures and biologicals. Intended for research use only. Not recommended for clinical diagnostics or testing of human samples.
- Lyophilized Mix: Primer sets / Nucleotides / Probes / Internal Control DNA and polymerase at optimized concentrations in aliquots of 25 reactions each
- Rehydration Buffer
- Lyophilized Positive Control DNA
- PCR Grade Water
- Cat. No. 11-91025 25 Reactions
- Cat. No. 11-91100 100 Reactions
- Cat. No. 11-91250 250 Reactions
Cycler-based, real-time PCR
PCR reaction tubes and pipette filter tips
Required Lab Devices
qPCR cycler Pipetting equipment Microcentrifuge
Shelf Life and Storage
Store the unopened components at +2 °C to +8 °C until the expiry date indicated on the label. Once rehydrated, the components must be stored at ≤ -18 °C.
EP 2.6.7 compliance