- Online only
- Decontamination Reagents for PCR Labs (3)
- Water Contaminations Testing (6)
- PCR Reagents & Enzymes (13)
- Cell Culture Contamination Control (14)
- Food Authenticity & Contamination Testing (7)
ZellShield® is a ready-to-use additive for culture media that protects cell cultures from a broad range of common contaminants. Its protective effect is based on a combination of novel antibiotics with macrolide properties that inhibit bacterial DNA and protein synthesis. Media supplementation with conventional antibiotics such as penicillin, streptomycin, nystatin, Amphotericin B etc. is not necessary.
ZellShield® is active against most intracellular and extracellular growing gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria, mycoplasma, protozoa, fungi, and yeasts.
- Wide Range of Applications ZellShield® can be used for permanent cell cultures as well as for contamination prevention in freshly prepared primary cell cultures.
- No Cell Toxicity
No cytotoxic effects have been reported on various cell lines so far, provided that the product is used according to the instructions.
Add ZellShield® directly to a freshly prepared cell culture (e.g. flask) or premix with the cell culture medium.
- Low Resistance Risk
ZellShield® contains carefully selected antimicrobials with an extremely low resistance bias. Their combined activity reduces the probability of survival of the resistant mutants.
The reagent is stable and active under typical incubation times and conditions.
Applicable in research and industry for cell cultures only. Not recommended for clinical applications.
The easily applicable 100 x aqueous solution is sterile-filtered and ready-to-use.
- Cat. No. 13-0050 50 ml
- Cat. No. 13-0150 3 x 50 ml
Required Consumables and Lab Devices
ZellShield® must be stored at ≤ -18 °C (Shipped on cool packs). ZellShield® is light sensitive and must be protected from light.